As we move through the crazy-busyness of this Christmas period, remember to take some quiet time to reflect on the past year and prepare for 2018.
Start to create space to bring in the new energy that will support your heart felt intentions.
Over the past few years this has become an intuitive habit for me – a habit that I am truly grateful for. I feel it sets a very clear pathway for not only my future, but the future of my family.
I love reflecting on the past year, writing down our accomplishments as a family and as individuals. I love to look back and see the wins and all the lessons learnt. I love remembering our experiences and the emotions they invoke.
Reading through journals reminds me of how far I’ve come on my healing journey. And I’m always surprised when I read words of inspired wisdom. Did I really write that?
I love feeling of cherished memories arising in my Heart when I look at photos. And the feeling of gratitude for the miracles and blessings that flowed through the year.
Sometimes in the stress-filled busyness of life we can forget about those moments that bring Joy and Light to our Hearts and Lives.
Even remembering those moments of struggle that we broke through with courage and vulnerability can help us to realise that we are strong and resilient.
Yes. I truly feel that taking this time to reflect and acknowledge connects us to Life with deeper awareness.
I also like to use this time to reflect on what I need to let go of as I ready myself and our family for the New Year.
Letting go of worries and old belief-systems that aren’t aligned with my Soul-Truth. Cleaning out cupboards and draws. Helping my boys clear their rooms and teaching them the importance of letting go.
And then there is tuning into how I want to feel in 2018.
As I sat listening to my Body, the words that came were “Free” and “Accomplished”. This is how I want to feel during 2018 and beyond.
When I say these words I feel a lightness bubbling up to the surface. I trust that by me setting these intentions, my actions that I choose to take will be aligned with how I want to feel.
I trust in the power of my intention.
As the years go by, I am reminded again and again that setting intentions and creating space for our Heart felt intentions to flow is so important to create the Life our Soul yearns for.
I’ve listed below 7 steps to help you celebrate the past year and set your intentions for the New Year. Enjoy the process. I hope it helps you connect more deeply with your Soul-Truth and Purpose.
7 Steps to prepare for the New Year
- Create a little space for yourself. Light a candle. Have notebook and pen handy. Bring things that you love … maybe a flower, an image or crystal. Trust your intuition.
- Set the intention that you are preparing yourself for 2018. What do you want to embrace and take with you? What do you want to let go of?
- With your intention held in your Heart, close your eyes and focus on your breath. Allow your whole body to relax; every cell. Take 10 deep breathes. Allow the breath to come back to natural breathing. Come into stillness.
- Reflect back over the year. Write down your accomplishments, anything you feel proud of. Even the moments that were tough but you made it through – was there a positive that came out of it? Note down the memories you have of your family and friends that make your heart smile. Records the times you laughed, the times you cried. Celebrate your Body. Write the story of your year, so when you read it back in years to come your Heart will burst with Joy.
- When you’ve finished writing, close your eyes. Focus into your heart centre. Intend to connect with your Soul-Truth.
- Ask the question … “How do I want to feel in 2018?” With awareness, open your eyes and start writing. Trust the words that flow. Trust that your intentions will help you take action to create how you want to feel. Write down clear goals that arise through this process. Are they aligned with how you yearn to feel? What support do you need? Is there an affirmation waiting to be expressed.
- When you’ve finished, close your eyes again. Breathe. Celebrate yourself for taking the time to create space for your New Year. Remember to keep connecting with your intentions for 2018 and commit to live your Soul-Truth.
Your intentions are set. A commitment made. Be ready for the inspiration that flows. Remember, to create change you must take action. Everyday commit to listen to your intuition. Commit to deepen into Self-Love and create a loving compassionate relationship with your Body.
When you listen and act on your Soul-Truth, your life will flow with Grace.
If you need some extra help in connecting with your Soul-Truth, I’ve create a free meditation to help you awaken into your intuition.
Please feel free to download and use at any time.
Remember, when you take time to be in stillness wisdom flows.
May your 2018 be filled with all those things that make your Heart sing and allow your Soul-Truth to express in all that you do.
Photo by Carlos Domínguez on Unsplash